Friday, February 22, 2013

Welcome to 'The Fandom Writer'

If you're anything like me, you'll find that a good chunk of your life and your time resolves around entertainment of various kinds. Most people are like that I think, but then there are those of us that take it to the next level – the level of 'Fandom'.

What is a 'Fandom' though, you might wonder? You've probably seen one before even if you haven't realized it, and you're probably a part of one even remotely. Think to all of the Harry Potter fans that had to have that last book the minute it hit shelves; remember the Star Wars fans that still debate which trilogy was better; think of all those cosplayers at Comic-Con. Fans who make their favorite fantasies a part of their every day life – that is a fandom.

My name is Eric Morrison, AKA Gyt Kaliba. For years now, my various fandoms have been a huge part of my life. I'm always striving to find new ways to give back to it all, and now that I find myself an aspiring writer, I'm ready to focus my whole into that pursuit. Here, you'll find reviews and news blurbs about things that I'm currently enjoying (or sometimes not enjoying), hints about projects I'm working on, praise of other people's efforts in fandoms, and much, much more.

This isn't my first go-around with blogging, I'll admit, but this time I plan to stick to it, at least semi-regularly. Stick around, I hope you'll enjoy what's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment